Forum Discussion

MissyK
New Contributor
8 years ago

Web Mail Access via Safari

Have experienced access issues to my Cox webmail using Safari.  Tech Support says it's an Apple/Safari issue.  After entering my user name + password, I get the following message:  Safari can’t open the page “http://webmail.east.cox.net/”.  The error is:  “The operation couldn’t be completed.  (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)”   Just installed Firefox as a work around - but would like to return to using Safari.  Has anyone else experienced this problem - and even better - can anyone offer a solution?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • MissyK

Hi, the error code that you mentioned is specifically an error code from Safari. Are you using Safari with a Windows OS?

Stephanie S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    MissyK
    New Contributor

Thank you both for the replies.  I'm not using any Windows operating systems - only Mac.  Have kept all my applications up-to-date - including the latest Safari.  I've tried logging into webmail from a variety of Cox web sites (.com and .net) with the same result.  Everything was working just fine until this past Monday morning.  I've reset Safari hoping that would clear things up - without any positive results.  All other internet functions via Safari, however, are working fine - but as this morning, my access to Cox's webmail via Safari continues to display this error code.  

MissyK
    New Contributor

Ended up installing Firefox to access my email - as of today (7-13-16) I still get the same error message preventing me from accessing my Cox webmail via Safari.  Spent hours with the very nice internal engineer folks @ Apple.  They were mystified as well.  They wanted me to download a program which would capture my log in efforts - but I declined to go that route.  Apple advised me to keep in mind that they do not have control of another company’s (Cox) website or how that website would work. They advised me that Cox's web administrator basically sets the web code created to use on different platforms (such as Safari web browser)..... and that how websites are created is dependent on the type of plugins used and the type of code program the web administrator uses as tools to upload their site onto the platform.   All I know is that for years I had no trouble - then one day I could no longer access my webmail through Safari (BUT I continue to access all my other Cox account info withOUT any troubles - only the webmail has been impacted).   I'd sure love to be able to return to using Safari to read email.