- Hi, There is a Cox cable improperly installed on my neighbors house, it runs across our property from the pole and is not within 15ft of an electrical box for proper grounding. Besides the safety issue here, the front half of our double is rented out and the cable looks bad, makes our place look cheap. I want it move (have been told its not a big deal) and have asked cox to do this multiple times over the last few months...Does anyone else have Cox cables trespassing across their property or improperly installed? We are planned to back charge cox the lease fee @100/ft per month.
- I asked a questions earlier and apparently I gave to much info regarding the issue because it was replied to and then locked by Moderator, Michaelj. My 'TECHNICAL' question is, (I will underline it, since it was hard to spot in the original post).... Should the Contour service be supported on the Cisco 4742HDC? Since I am being billing for it and billing says that it is a technical issue I figured I would start on this forum before contacting support. I was under the impression this forum was to discuss the most common technical questions with the Cox Community, not just the Cox Moderators, at least that is what the forum home page suggested. Please, do not lock my question. I would like the opportunity to respond to replies if need be. I'd sincerely appreciate it!
two complaints Re: does anyone have the same problems with: 1.) COX's Cable Box Filters and 2.) COX's billing methodsI just upgraded to the new cable boxes that Cox is "providing" it's customers. I didn't need a new cable box, or any kind of service or an upgrade of any type , My cable box and my connection worked perfectly until I got home after a trip to a Cox office. My neighbor (i.e. the person renting the place next to me) wanted to add a cable box along with some sports channels for his room, So I accompanied him to our local "Cox" cable store so we can find what was needed to get his cable set up. I wasn't given a choice just a new connection box to replace my working box along with the mini box as an addition for my neighbors room. to make the experience even more fun I was told I have to make a trip of over 5.5 miles home and another 5.5 miles back to return my working cable box or I'd get billed for it. (When a bicycle is your only means of transportation, over eleven extra miles is not, just around the corner) after a verbal run around for close to an hour at the Cox office I go home to find that my working cable box has been disconnected. I have no choice and change to the new "Better" cable box and after trying about 30 times to connect along with multiple calls to Cox for help I was stuck with my working cable box that was disconnected and a new cable box that won't work. I had to get one of the repair men out to find the problem. close to a week with no service, I'm forced to take another day off work to wait for the cable guy to be sent out to me. The cable repair person and his assistant tried everything they could think of over the span of thirty minutes and although I had a really good connection coming through, the box didn't work and after trying another box I was still getting great service in to the cable but the new boxes didn't accept the connection. The repair person followed the cable out of my place and out to a main distribution box to find that the Cox has a digital filter that didn't let the digital service come through so the old box I had worked but the new "better" box couldn't get through until the filter was removed and the signal was free to come into my place. The repair person told me that because it was Cox who made the error and it had nothing to do with me, my connection, my signal or anything else that I could have control over, I wouldn't be charged for the house call but I'm looking at my account online and I'm seeing a $55.00 charge for something Cox did wrong. does anyone know the number to call or do I go to some higher office to get this charge removed from my bill? if anyone has a solution to this dilemma I could use the help, but that's the second and lesser complaint, if you can believe it Although my neighbor leases "#24-A" and I'm in "#24-C" The computer program at the Cox company only has "#24" and even though I see housing complexes with dozens and a few with over a hundred rooms leased out and paying separately, according to the billing programs the computer system I didn't have a choice in adding a person I barely know and his cable charges to my account that has never been late on a bill and has had perfect early payments for over 20 years. Now because of the way COX has it's payment computer programs, the only way my neighbor could get anything for his room was by adding it to my account. because we have the same address. The place is rented and the leases are signed separately as "A" through "D" but the computer program used by Cox only has the address and not the lettering dividing the lease holders or actual mailing addresses so according to the people working in the Archer store in Gainesville, Florida I don't have a choice and have to add him on to my account and what happens if he decides NOT to pay his bill and it's all under my name? I'm 100% sure that Cox is not going to say: "It's OK, we're not going to make you pay for his bills it's all under your name and he doesn't have to sign anything to show it's him that's going to be held responsible but we wont charge you for his share of the bill". if there is a person I can talk to or write to that has the power to change the program used to bill people who would it be and where can this person be found because this computer program has to be upgraded or changed to hold each person responsible for their own bills.
- My self and many others on Tivo Community Dot come are reporting everyone is getting V205 errors when accessing Cox on Demand. This is happening at ALL Cox Systems Nation Wide. It is like the On Demand Servers are down. This has been going on for a week now. It is not possible watch Cox on Demand. Could someone at Cox please check the Cox ON Demand servers for Tivo, they are a separate feed. Also please work with Tivo to get this fixed. Hitting Watch now several times does not work, that used to be the work around, almost like the server connection was slow or not in queue yet or was powering one. Now nothing works. Us Tivo users do Pay for the Advanced TV package to get the On Demand Service (it is advertised on the Office Cox Tivo Bolt Web Page and in the Advanced TV service package) More Info/BackGround 1. We have the Cox On Demand App or Landing as Cox likes to call it. 2. We all have the proper flags set on our cable cards, this is confirmed, plus if we did not the App would not show on our menus. 3. It looks like it trying to load the video but then it gives the error. This happens on all Movies and TV shows. 4. On Demand is advertised on the Office Cox web site, here is the URL, yet it has been down or broken a lot since its release, almost like no one cares about the Thousands of Cox Tivo customers. A search on the Tivo Community web site shows mass amounts of issues. here is the URL were Cox advertises COX ON DEMAND with the TIVO https://www.cox.com/residential/special-offers/tivo-bolt.html Personal Comment on the issue: it is almost to the point where we should get a discount on our bill for the lost service if it can not be fixed soon. Please help
- If anyone else has the pleasure of having their Cox TV Guide read as if they've been translated from English into Spanish, then back into English, PLEASE do us the pleasure of posting your screen shots. Some of these show titles and descriptions are HILARIOUS! Thanks for the bang up job, Cox. Always good for a laugh! http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t-lounge/anybodys-cox-cable-guide-messed-up/66023190/ http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t-lounge/cox-cable-guideacting-up-for-everyone-strange-titles/57811142/ http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/4/t/6453.aspx
- I had/have Cox internet and had Dish Network for television and decided to switch everything over to Cox but cannot get a signal to the the Cisco boxes from Cox. First we were informed that a tech never switched the service on at the box outside our home but now that they have done that we still cannot get a signal to the boxes. So I decided to have my husband try and connect one of the boxes to the coax line used for our internet and we get a perfect signal. Has anyone heard of this happening or does anyone anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what could be causing the issue in the other rooms of our house?? Everything worked fine when Dish was activated. My problem is that we have been dealing with this issue since the end of April and are being charged for cable tv that we have not been able to access. I'm disabled and pretty much confined to bed so letting a tech in to try and figure it out just hasn't been an option as my husband works when a tech could come out. Any insight, suggestions, or ideas to try would be greatly appreciated as I get a different answer/suggestion/potential issue every time I call tech support and obviously none of their ideas have worked. Thanks in advance for your help.
- CAN I SUE COX COMMUNICATIONS FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT BY ALLOWING A PERSON TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ME AUTHORIZING THAT PERSON TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY ACCOUNT? AND FOR NOT EVEN CONTACTING ME TO GET MY PERMISSION BEFORE ALLOWING THESE EXTRA CHARGES AND PURCHASES TO BE MADE BY THIS UNAUTHORISED PERSON? AND THEN WHEN THAT SAME UNAUTHORISED PERSON REQUESTED THAT A SERVICE BE REMOVED FROM MY SERVICE, COX DECIDES THAT NOW THEY ARE GOING TO REQUEST THIS UNAUTHORISED PERSON TO VERIFY THE COX ACCOUNT BEFORE THEY CAN MAKE THOSE KIND OF CHANGES?? SO BASICALLY THIS PERSON WALKS INTO A COX LOCATION, TELLS THEM MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION. TELLS THEM THAT HE WANTS TO ADD A CONTOUR BOX AND A MINI BOX TO MY ACCOUNT AND WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ANY QUESTIONS, COX WAS REALLY QUICK TO HOOK HIM UP. BUT THEN THE MINUTE THAT HE REQUESTS THAT THE SPORTS PACKAGE BE REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT, MEANING THAT COX WOULD BE LOSING MONEY BY REMOVING THE SPORTS PACKAGE RIGHT? ... WELL NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY DECIDE TO ASK HIM TO VERIFY THE ACCOUNT PASSWORD AND TO SHOW HIS I.D. AND WHEN HE COULDN'T VERIFY THE ACCOUNT, THEY STILL PROCEEDED TO SELL HIM THE EQUIPMENT KNOWING THAT HE'S NOT AUTHORIZED ON MY ACCOUNT BUT YET REFUSE TO TAKE OFF THE SPORTS PACKAGE. FYI MY NAME IS THE ONLY *** NAME ON MY ACCOUNT. IT'S ONLY MY ACCOUNT. AND I HAD NO SAY IN THE CHANGES THAT HE MADE TO MY ACCOUNT WHATSOEVER. NOR DID I EVEN KNOW THAT HE'D GOTTEN THE EQUIPMENT. COX, I WILL BE CONTACTING MY LAWYER. I'M 100% POSITIVE THAT I HAVE A CASE. YOU'RE SALES PERSON MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.
Being overbilled again. Been dealing with overbilling since January and ready to walk away. Some way to treat a five year customer.Being overbilled. Canceled MLB months ago but you claim i never did! Sure did about 100 times. Cant afford 193 get mlb off my bill or going in person and throwing the equiptment and walking away. Mad mad mad.
- Main page says outage in our area but no other info. When will it be fixed? I noticed that the feed for MSNBC started having problems this morning and now, 8 hours later, still having problems.
- Last week, I spoke to a representative about changing my Cox services. When I asked about cancelling my cable TV, she informed me as of May 7, the signal from my local networks would no longer be available to be received by an over the air antenna. She informed me I would need a cable box after that date if I wanted to watch any kind of television programming. I tried to tell her I thought she was mistaken, but she insisted without cable, I would lose all local channels on May 7. When I asked what the affiliates would do with their huge antennas, she told me the antennas were being used to push the signal underground to the cable boxes. Why are your representatives being trained to tell outright lies in order to scare customers into keeping their service? Accidentally posted in Internet Forum originally.Solved