Forum Discussion

IceDogDude
New Contributor
12 months ago

How long to fix issue that has been referred to ‘Maintenance’?

So I have been unable to get OnDemand for nearly 2 weeks now.  Tech came on Monday (4/10) and told me that a portion of my signal is ‘missing’ (as if someone put a choke on the line to not pass the specific frequencies in question).

The tech said he had to refer this to ‘Maintenance’ (the people with the bucket truck that actually work for Cox, as opposed to the contractor tech that came).  Fine and dandy, but here I am 36 hours later with no OnDemand and absolute ** internet speeds.  This is 100% a Cox problem, so I am stuck.

When can I expect at least the courtesy of a email or voice message to tell me that they are at least aware of the problem?  

7 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Was it a inhouse technician or a contractor? You can usually tell by the truck that they drive. Sounds like you have a filter on your line. Can you see your drop(where it connect to the pole) with a camera or binoculars?

IceDogDude
      New Contributor

As stated in the post, it was a contract tech who went up the pole and said that was how the signal was coming to my drop.  That was why he had to refer it to Maintenance.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, didn't read your whole post before posting. I was about to edit but you replied so fast. :-)

Did you happen to get the ticket number when the tech sent it to maintenance? If so, try emailing Cox and ask for a update. If you didn't, email them and ask for another technician and start the process over again.

• So the issue magically resolved itself at 5am when my internet want down for an hour and came back up working correctly.  Amazing how quickly it gets resolved after I called in demanding a credit for the last 2 weeks of bad service.