Forum Discussion

Alum2008
New Contributor
2 years ago

TV/cable freezes when watching channels

With most channels, daily my television screen will freeze during scheduled TV shows/movies/live tv and won't fix itself. The screen and sound are like stuck. To fix temporarily,  I will unplug the contour box. It will fix it for a few hours at the most and then it will freeze again. It doesn't matter what channel I'm on. Anybody else have this problem? 

3 Replies

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Alum2008,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with tiling(motion and audio freezing). I would suggest checking the coaxial cable on both ends to make sure the connections are secured finger tight.

David
    Cox Forums Moderator
  • Hello alum2008 We have had this problem sporadicly for the last 2 + years. Did all the fixes, this is our second refurbished box from Cox. Some days the channels are good then other days we get the screen freeze. I live in a retirement complex apartment. Most people have the same problem here. 

Allan
      @ProTruckDriver, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.