Forum Discussion

mgyder
New Contributor
2 years ago

I have a 94 year old mother who always hits the input button and messes up her tv. I then have to drive 40 minutes to her house to fix it. WHY doesn't Cox offer a remote with just an off/on button and channel changing????????????

I have a 94 year old mother who always hits the input button and messes up her tv. I then have to drive 40 minutes to her house to fix it. WHY doesn't Cox offer a remote with just an off/on button and channel changing????????????

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's a long shot, but you could reprogram her Cox remote with a deficient TV code.

A few subscribers have requested better TV codes because their Cox remote would not perform certain functions on the TV.  If you could get one of these deficient codes, it could resolve the issue.  I can't remember if Input select was one of the missing functions...hence, long shot.

If you provide the make and model of your Mom's TV, we could provide a list of codes.  Other than this, you could shave off the rubber button with a razor.  Mom has earned the right to destroy stuff.