Forum Discussion

lizleighton321
New Contributor
2 years ago

Error Codes!!

I keep getting error code XRE-03056 on a lot of channels when changing to them. It says to try again later then returns to whatever channel I was on. This has been going on for awhile and have tried all the normal trouble shooting methods. Yes, it’s on all TVs, yes, we rebooted, yes we checked all cables and wires, etc. Now the only solution Cox has is to send a tech out for a $75 fee. Ridiculous. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on how to fix?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I've had this happen to me as well but after a while, it mysteriously resolves itself.  It's not your equipment.

Interestingly, deltalady1946 previously posted a similar issue with Music Choice (channels) suddenly changing to MSNBC and you can imagine how this post ensued.  The moderators deleted the post.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Mouth is correct about the signal and returning to a previously-watched channel is how Contour is programmed to handle inferior signals.

You can test this by tuning to a premium channel you're not subscribed to and let it churn for a bit.  Eventually, Contour will default to your previous channel. 

lizleighton321
      New Contributor

Thank you! Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Funny you said it might mysteriously resolve itself - it did at one point but now it’s back and seems worse with more channels not being available. 

Becky
        Hi Lizleighton321, allow me a moment to clarify the service call fee. You will not pay a service call fee for issues related to Cox equipment or signal delivery. Since normal troubleshooting hasn't resolved the XRE-03056, I suggest we schedule a service call. The XRE-03056 is likely an RF error related to a signal issue. If you'd like my team to schedule a service call for you, please email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator