Forum Discussion

TobyR
New Contributor
3 years ago

Unable to Play Video XRE-03092

I just swapped out the Contour 2 box a couple of days ago and now every time I try to watch an ON DEMAND movie the screen displays the Unable to Play Video XRE-03092 message.  It only happens with ON DEMAND.

I did the soft reboot, hard reboot, and hard reboot without the cable connected.

Customer service says the box must be replaced.

Any suggestions besides replacing the box?

7 Replies

• @TobyY, I recommend power cycling the cable box first and see if that helps. If not, I recommend sending us an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com and we will look into this issue on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      TobyR
      New Contributor

It does not help.  Emailed cox.help@cox.com and they are working with me.

THanks,

Pmax
    New Contributor

Replacing the box will not help. Our DVR shot craps 2 days ago. New dvr had the vod issue. Replaced with new box and same issue. Mini box in other room does vod just fine. Also, video prime no longer works either.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Pmax
      I know how frustrating it is to replace your box and still have unresolved cable issues. If you have a box in one room that is working but the main box is having issues, you may want to check splitters/amplifiers and the coaxial cable to see if those are causing the issues. You can also email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name/full address and we can schedule a technician visit for you.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Pmax
        New Contributor

I've replaced the splitter but no change. Currently have a tier 2 ticket I'm waiting on.