Forum Discussion

Flighthawk
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

Changing scheduled recordings

We had to go to a new box after we lost all our shows.  I spent the time programming in all the shows we wanted to record.  All were originally set up for "New Episodes" only.  Now, my wife wants the cooking shows changed to "All episodes" to capture the reruns she hasn't seen.  For the life of me, I can't see how to do this.  If I go to the scheduled tab in guide, it only shows those that have an upcoming recording scheduled.  If there is no new episode scheduled (like all her cooking shows), they don't show up on the list so I can't modify them.  How do I get to and modify them?  They have to be stored somewhere!  Thanks in advance.

PJS2
    3 years ago

Try this:

1. Contour; Saved; use the keypad to select Series Priority (down arrow, up arrow, right arrow); use the keypad to select the show you wish to change; press Info; select Record Options;  select Modify; change Record to New and Repeat Episodes.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    PJS2
    Contributor

Press Contour; select Saved; select Scheduled; highlight show and press OK; select Record Options; select Modify; select All Episodes; select Record and change to All Episodes. Repeat for all desired shows.

Flighthawk
      New Contributor II

If a pre-scheduled "New Episodes" show doesn't have any new episodes coming up, it doesn't show up in the list, so there is nothing to select to modify to all episodes.  That's the problem.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Does a program have to be a new episode in order to schedule the program to be recorded?  If you can't change the type of episodes to record from "New Episodes" to "All Episodes", can you delete the existing scheduled program and create a new schedule by selecting a rerun in the guide and choosing to record "All Episodes"?  

I'm asking the question because I don't have Contour 2.  With Contour 1, it's simple to change the type of episode to record for a scheduled recording.

DVR List > Series Manager > Select scheduled program from existing list > Edit Record Options > Right arrow Episodes to change from "First run only" to "First run & repeats" > press B button to accept changes.