Forum Discussion

BadDeal
New Contributor
4 years ago

DVR Playback

DVR Playback in the evening is nearly un watchable.  I experience frequent and random "freeze ups" of the recorded playback and also intermittent sections of no sound.  In addition the system is either slow to respond to the remote and/or the remote command is ignored.  This is not acceptable and I ought to get a reduction in my bill until the problem is corrected.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    OptDesign
    New Contributor II

Same here... all the time. Cox is more expensive, less features, and super unreliable when it comes to internet service and dvr playback is the worst... hangs all the time. Cox uses Comcast equipment, but has not figured out how to put it to best use; that's for sure - i long for Comcast service again. I wish i had an option for another provider. Going to start writing my legislators... we should have more than one option in a region... this is a monopoly at best, and service at it's worst.

• @BadDeal, I can certainly understand your frustration with this dvr issue. Is this happening with all/multiple recordings or just one? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    OptDesign
    New Contributor II

Same here... all the time. Cox is more expensive, less features, and super unreliable when it comes to internet service and dvr playback is the worst... hangs all the time. Cox uses Comcast equipment, but has not figured out how to put it to best use; that's for sure - i long for Comcast service again. I wish i had an option for another provider. Going to start writing my legislators... we should have more than one option in a region... this is a monopoly at best, and service at it's worst.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Opt Design

That is not how we want you to feel and I know how important it is to have stable DVR service. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name/address and we can further investigate these issues you have been having.
      Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Turquoise
    New Contributor

We are having the same problem.  I tried resetting/rebooting but that did not help,

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @ Turquoise,

I know that having DVR issues can lead to malcontent. Are you having issues with all of your DVR recorded shows? Also, are you using our Cloud DVR?

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        CurtB
        Valued Contributor III
        I know that having DVR issues can lead to malcontent.

I remember reading this reply a month ago.  I wondered then if you were subtly ripping that guy to shreds without him knowing it or if it was just an accidental choice of wording.  I still don't know, but it makes me laugh.

heyers3
    New Contributor

exactly....it's frustrating...but if I watch the same recording in the morning it's fine..... 

OptDesign
    New Contributor II

I'm communications saavy, internet saavy, computer saavy... this just continues to happen with no matter what i record - it's so frustrating... many recorded shows have become unwatchable.