Forum Discussion

SDChaser
New Contributor
4 years ago

ESPN continuously freezes on satellite boxes

Hi - I have seen prior posts on this topic, but there has never been a clear resolution and the topics have been closed.  I have 100% failure rate watching ESPN or ESPN2 on either of my satellite boxes.  There is continuous freeze/hiccup of video (varies but every 3-15 seconds).  Happens both on low 27/28 and 1027/1028 channels. I have tried resetting boxes, changing video resolution, restarting, etc. with no help.  Has anyone been able to fix this issue?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Same thing happening here. I've noticed this going on for over a month now on all of my boxes and it only happens with espn and espn2. They're pretty much unwatchable. I've tried everything as well and nothing seems to fix the issue. Very annoying.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      @Subliminial Misfit,

If your channels are unwatched it sounds like we need to get a tech out to see what is going on. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi SDChaser,

We definitely want you to be able to watch ESPN without interruption. Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your Cable box? Have you had a technician out to check everything out for you?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator