Forum Discussion

geislekm
New Contributor
5 years ago

The Guide auto defaults to Channel 2

Is there a way to make the Guide default to the current Channel? With hundreds of channels, it is ridiculous for the guide to always start at Channel 2. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

It must be a Contour 2 thing.  The Contour guide displays with the current channel at the top.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @geislekm, are you referring to the minibox or the Contour 2 receiver? With the minibox, the guide features are quite limited. The Contour 2 should theoretically show the channel you are watching at the top of the screen when pressing the "Guide" button. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • geisiekm....I have 2 Controu2 DVR boxes and 2 mini boxes....when I turn my TV on, all of them display the last station that I was watching prior to them being turned Off.  Thus, when I turn the TV back on,  the Guides on both sit with those last stations and in the correct time slot at the Top.  Are you suggesting that when you turn-off your TV and turn back on, the Guide and the display reverts to Ch2 instead of your previously watched program?  Do you turn your TV off using the paired DVR remote, or the TV remote?

What version or type DVR do you have...Contour or the earlier version...what's the model on the DVR face?