Want to learn how to use the Support Forums?
Read the forum guidelines
Both games, channels 11 and 12. Tried everything SAP on and off. Reboot. Called COX. No solution!
Same here. It had only been FOX, channel 11 for the past week or so...but yesterday was also channel 12. Many others in my area have the same issue, this is definitely a problem with COX and not TV/Cable box settings.
Only during football games that I've seen. Commercials and other TV shows are in English, so I know it is not the SAP setting. It first happened during Thursday Night Football between the 49ers and Cardinals, then it happened for the USC vs. Oregon NCAA football game. On Sunday, 11/3/19 all NFL games on both 11 and 12 were in Spanish.
Different networks, days and times. The thing in common is Cox, Contour and the Content Delivery Provider. Different networks push their programming to a Content Delivery Provider serving your area.
Is everyone in the same region?
Yes, everyone is in the same area that is having the issue. My mini box is not affected though.
gtr_sb said:My mini box is not affected
1. @ gtr_sb How are you watching when the audio is Spanish? Is it with a Contour 1 receiver, Contour 2 receiver, Contour website, Contour app, or some combination?
2. If you're watching on TV, did you verify SAP is OFF for both your receiver and TV?
3. If you're watching on the Contour website:
a) have you tried signing OFF and then back ON?
b) what browser are you using?
c) have you tried clearing site data?
4. Is the audio in Spanish when SAP is ON and when SAP is OFF?
gtr_sb said:everyone is in the same area that is having the issue
5. Just to verify what you meant, are you saying you know of others outside of your household in your neighborhood that are experiencing this same issue?
6. What Cox market are you in? Where are you? If users reporting this issue will provide their location, it will help determine if the issue is isolated to a specific Cox market.
1. On the contour 1 box. I've spoken with tech support and they eventually agreed to open a support ticket. I haven't heard back yet.
2. Yes, SAP off everywhere.
5. Yes, I was at a friend's house on Sunday and he was experiencing the same issue. Another friend had the issue on Thursday Night football, but not recently.
6. Santa Barbara, Ca.