Forum Discussion

TerryJ99
New Contributor
6 years ago

Understanding My Bill - "Expanded Service"

I'm a customer in Fairfax County, VA, where my bill shows an $82.49 itemization for Cox TV Starter, Expanded Service, and Advanced TV Service.  Trying to find a definition of these categories online, I'm really stumped at "Expanded Service." Searching that term, I get 172 results with such off-topic documents as “James M. Cox Foundation Announces $250,000 Grant.”

Assuming it is a range of channels above the basic Cox TV Starter range, I turned to the channel listings web page (for my area) as well as the downloadable PDF of the channel listings, and neither identify any range of channels as "Expanded Service" -- these resources do have columns whose headers are TV Starter, then two levels of Contour (Contour and Contour Ultimate) or in the PDF version, Contour and Contour Flex.

Does the "Contour" listing equate with the "Expanded Service" line item on my bill?  If not, where can I find a listing of channels under "Expanded Service?"

Thank you.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi TerryJ99, the "Expanded TV Service" on the bill is equal to the "TV Essential" in the PDF. In the PDF, the TV Essential is under the header "Contour TV (Includes TV Starter channels)." If you have any questions or concerns about your bill, we encourage you to reach out to our team at cox.help@cox.com. We'd be glad to assist you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator