Forum Discussion

zoreo09
New Contributor
11 years ago

HBO GO

Since Tuesday I have been unable to access HBO Go on my computer. HBO's website works fine, but when I try to log in to my Cox account I get redirected to a page that says: HTTP Status 500.

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Is there anyway to get around this issue so I can access HBO Go? I always used to be able to log in and watch shows on HBO Go this way. I do have an HBO subscription. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KipK
    Valued Contributor II

It doesn't look like we have a system problem with it, since as a test I just logged into my own account and started to play The Dark Knight Rises, and I know StephanieA was watching True Blood on her lunch the other day.

So the first thing to do would be to clear your temporary internet files and cookies, then see what happens when you try to log into a normal Cox page like http://webmail.cox.net or http://myaccount.cox.net.

If that works, then try HBO GO again. If logging into a Cox site doesn't work or if our site works but HBO still doesn't, we would need to look into whether there's an issue with your browser, or an issue with the identity profile on our side.

Raivyn
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I have tested it on both Firefox and IE.  I have cleared cache/cookies.  I can log into both Cox and HBO just fine.  But when I try to log in from the specific Cox HBO Go page that it directs me to, I get this error.  It's something with that page not being able to get to the next step once you try to log in.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator

Raivyn said:

I'm having the same issue.  I have tested it on both Firefox and IE.  I have cleared cache/cookies.  I can log into both Cox and HBO just fine.  But when I try to log in from the specific Cox HBO Go page that it directs me to, I get this error.  It's something with that page not being able to get to the next step once you try to log in.

If the issue is only on HBO GO page, I will have to check your user profile. Please email me at cox.help@cox.com to get this resolved.

pwhy
    New Contributor

In Hampton Roads area getting the same error when trying to log in to be able to watch full episodes from HBO... all web browsers and devices. Tried booth "Sign Up" and "Sign In" buttons from HBO.

Looks to be an authentication problem on Cox's end.... no joy!

HTTP Status 500 -

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP

• pwhy, 

Please email cox.help@cox.com with your account information and a description of the issue you are experiencing. Please include the user ID you are using when you encounter the error.