Forum Discussion

ReschDMD
New Contributor
8 years ago

Harmony Remote and Contour Box (Cisco 9865HDC) Working Solution **read if you need it to work**

I am trying to help other people, but for some reason the "reply" option disappears as soon as I log in.

I have found a solution for the issue many Harmony users are getting with the main Contour box, Cisco 9865HDC. This box is 'RF only" but that is not correct.  I told my Harmony that it is the model of the client box, XiD-P.  Oddly enough Harmony gives you the choice of Fios, Cox, and Comcast XiD-P, but it is the *Comcast* model that mapped correctly.

I have verified that this works with both my 4 year old Harmony Touch and brand new Harmony Elite.  Using the Comcast XiD-P model as a substitute for the actual Cisco box, I am able to tune channels, select favorites, use the menu, guide, DVR functions, etc. So far I have not encountered anything that did not work.
When I used the Cox XiD-P model, the play/pause/FF/RW buttons did not work, so tell the Harmony you're using the Comcast model.

I promise this works, even with my IR-only Harmony Touch from 2012.  Good luck!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    djonesokc
    New Contributor

Can you tell me if I list it as Arris XiD-P or Comcast??? my Contour DVR is the XG1-A and cant get it to be recognized by Harmony.

ReschDMD
    New Contributor

Hi- sorry I cannot help you much. I have the Contour 6 tuner 9865HDC box made by Cisco, so I can only verify that the Comcast XiD-P codes work on that model. 

It sure would be nice if the RF Harmony Elite could send RF signals to the boxes! Maybe they use different frequencies?

OCDJ
    New Contributor

Verifying... The Comcast XiD-P settings worked!

ReschDMD
    New Contributor

I am glad I could help someone.  This seems to be a repeating issue with multiple blog posts across multiple sites.  I just sort of stumbled onto it. I programmed my old Harmony One with the client box before I even bought the Elite and it just so happened the Harmony software only offered the Comcast model the first time I synced up.  I randomly tested the One on the main Cisco box and problem solved.

Clearly the Cisco box has IR receivers, since the IR-only Harmony One can control it, so there is still the mystery of why don't the codes for the actual model number do anything?!