Forum Discussion

nort99
New Contributor
12 years ago

Westinghouse tv uw40t2bw

I have the black 8820 cox remote, it will not turn on or off theTV. However the volume works and the mute button works, I have tried many different codes with no luck.  I am hoping that some one on here can me out. Westinghouse Model UW40T2BW 

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Domino
    Valued Contributor III

Follow the instructions at:

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/centralflorida/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=6f256f70-53e7-11e0-418a-000000000000

nort99
    New Contributor

Domino, thanks for the link. I have done all that and more before I posted on this forum.  I have entered all the different codes that I can find. It does work for volume and mute but just will not turn on or off the set and the volume is adjusting on the tv side and not the cable box side, which tell me the code works for part but not all of it.  I am still looking for the answer.  

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

nort99 said:

Domino, thanks for the link. I have done all that and more before I posted on this forum.  I have entered all the different codes that I can find. It does work for volume and mute but just will not turn on or off the set and the volume is adjusting on the tv side and not the cable box side, which tell me the code works for part but not all of it.  I am still looking for the answer.  

Try 0885, 0889, 1282, 0000, 0451, 0463, 0623. If they don't work, try 0000, 1100, 0011, 0080, 0111, 0273, 0353, 0810, 0843, 1317.

If they don't work, and the search method doesn't work, try getting a new TV. 

If

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

It's my understanding that the Westinghouse TVs use random surplus gear from other vendors when manufacturing their sets so the remote codes can vary greatly with those sets.  Domino has some great suggestions although I'm not sure I would replace a TV over the isssue.

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

ChrisL said:

It's my understanding that the Westinghouse TVs use random surplus gear from other vendors when manufacturing their sets so the remote codes can vary greatly with those sets.  Domino has some great suggestions although I'm not sure I would replace a TV over the isssue.

"It's not a TV, it's a Westinghouse."