Read the forum guidelines
I am trying to get to the phone tools to view call history and messages. When I click I either of those, I get the following:
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
I have no way of getting to missed calls.
i've seen this same message a few times over the last few days as well + webmail was throwing the same message yesterday for 2+ hours.
Hi, Crystal. I tried several times last night to view Phone Tools and was never able to do so. But, it's working now and I didn't change anything.
While using the same Phone Tools link I've always used (and used again tonight when it worked properly) I was sent one time last night to a page I'd never seen before. It looked like it might have been meant to be a page for new, phone customers. It described using Phone Tools, but provided no means to do it.
Call History isn't working again. An attempt to access it displays the same new Cox webpage that was erroneously displayed 17 days ago. Refreshing the page results in a 400 Bad Request error. It doesn't appear to be a finished webpage. Some of the links don't do anything. Sometimes the body of the page is blank and other times it contains additional links and text that aren't properly formatted. Other times, doing the same thing just a few minutes later resulted in Call History being displayed. But, I haven't been successfully routed to Call History recently.
This is one of the displays I see when I select Call history in Phone Tools.
This was from the same web address a few minutes later.
Is anyone else having an issue with Call history in Phone Tools?
Cox created a ticket and Call History is working again... for now.
Thanks to the Cox Social Media Team for their help in resolving this issue.
After this post, Call History only worked sporadically. However, I believe I figured out the solution. First I reset permissions for phonetools.cox.com to the default settings. Then I deleted cookies. There were eight cookies for this site, but deleting them didn't fix the issue. So, I deleted all cox.com and cox.net cookies to make sure I deleted the right one. To fix Call History, delete cox.com cookies first without resetting permissions or deleting cox.net cookies. (I don't know that resetting permissions to their default was necessary and I now believe cox.net cookies are used for Webmail). But, if that doesn't work, then do everything I did. After I closed the browser, I've been able to access Call History every time I've tried.