Forum Discussion

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Johnny,

Cox is in the process of upgrading phone network technology in order to provide customers with new phone features. One of the new features coming in 2018 is Simultaneous Ring. Simultaneous Ring will enable customers to filter out spam calls via tools like Nomorobo. We don't have specific launch dates by market at this time. Changes will be announced in the "News From Cox" section of your monthly bill statement, so stay tuned!
    REA
    New Contributor
    Becky said:
    Hi Johnny,

Cox is in the process of upgrading phone network technology in order to provide customers with new phone features. One of the new features coming in 2018 is Simultaneous Ring. Simultaneous Ring will enable customers to filter out spam calls via tools like Nomorobo. We don't have specific launch dates by market at this time. Changes will be announced in the "News From Cox" section of your monthly bill statement, so stay tuned!
    More than enough time has gone by (5+ years) for COX's avoidance of this. Add Simultaneous Ring (FREE) for ALL customers. I pay for phone service - not robocalls! Richard Meriden, CT
    Sean_C
    New Contributor

All I get is phone calls from Bots. At least 30 if not more a day. This is rediculous and to not have a feature in place to block these annoying calls is even worse. If I don't get the simultaneous rings feature soon I will be canceling service as all this phone service does is cause headaches. I can't even talk on the phone with someone without constantly getting interupted with beeps from Bot calls. Horrible service and shame on you for not have done something about this a long time ago.

MarkM1
    Former Moderator

Sean C,

We are working to provide those services to you within the upcoming months. We do appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our network to accommodate these features.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Is Cox moving Resi over to Voicemanager?   Are they waiting for customers to give up POTS/NIU for newer packet switch technology? If so, I would suggest using that as a talking point to people upset they are losing POTS. No more POTS = feature upgrades? 

• I live in Las Vegas and have cox tv, internet and phone service and strong desire to have nomorobo service available to use.    Hopefully you will add this to our service for free shortly.

Respectfully

David Wright

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @cox support forum

That feature will be available sometime this year customer will be notified when it becomes available.

jjl1962
    New Contributor II

I just checked my phone services and apparently I have Simultaneous Ring and Nomorobo.  Would have been nice to receive an email notifying me that I had these features along with instructions on how to set it up.  Are the instructions under Phone Tools??

jjl1962
      New Contributor II

So I contacted tech support and they provided instructions on how to set up Nomore Robo.  Unfortunately, even though my account indicates that I should have Simultaneous Ring, it's not listed under my Phone Tools.  When did Cox become some screwed up?  

BrianM
        The new phone platform is slowly being migrated into each market at this time (call centers just started taking calls in late March). You can use the Cox Voice Everywhere app on a smartphone to configure nomorobo and many other features. Brian Cox Support Forum Moderator
      JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Jjl1962 Please email your full address and primary name on the account holder to cox.Help@cox.com so we can take a look. Also, attach this post to email. Cox support moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Have you ever noticed the 30 calls you receive a day aren't the same number?  Spammers use a number once and then switch to another number.  That's how they sidestep Nomorobo.

Nomorobo is only good if subscribers report the nuisance number and by the time they report it, the spammers have moved on to another number.  There are 10 billion numbers to choose from...they'll never run out of spoofs.

Since Nomorobo launched in Oct 13, my onetime calls have skyrocketed 43 percent...especially onetime calls from my exchange.  Nomorobo ain't all that.