Forum Discussion

JusWondrin
New Contributor
10 years ago

Retrieving old e-mail messages

According to our account, we have only used 2% of our allotted e-mail account space.  I attempted to locate an important e-mail from somewhere between April-July 2013.  Since we had only used 2% of our alloted space, I thought I could easily retrieve it; however, when I went to review my old messages, the oldest ones I could access are from late September, 2013.

How do I gain access to my older emails?  It is important that I access this one.  I had no idea at the time I was writing it that I might not be able to retrieve it...

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    Two possibilities immediately come to mind that fit what you've described.

1.  Webmail does purge unread items from the inbox after 60 days to conserve space.  You can prevent this by simply either opening all emails in the inbox or moving them to a different folder for storage.

2.  If you previously used a POP3 email client such as Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail for example the default is for it to delete your webmail inbox upon retrieving your messages.  If this sounds familiar you may want to check any PC you could have set one of these programs up on and see if the email in question is there.