Forum Discussion

crystalK
New Contributor
2 years ago

2 months of 25% packet loss

For around 3 months now I've had to deal with progressively worse internet service. 

In June, during peak times I had ~5-10% loss occasionally. As of now my internet consistently has a whopping 25 to 35% loss anywhere from 8am to 2am.

Every time I have contacted support they were of little to no assistance and every single time they tried to upsell more "enhancements" to my service. One even claimed I was near my network cap for the month despite only using around 30%. One even dismissed my 3 month issue outright due to an outage in a nearby area.

This is insulting and frustrating especially since their only solution is always send a tech(75$$$ or you can get upsold on their 10$/m subscription, can't you just feel the greed?) to check MY equipment that I HAVE TESTED OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

For more specifics, my issue im pretty sure is only upload packets. I finally got a tech to send a new modem so we will see...

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CrystalK,

I am sorry to hear about your packet loss issue. I know how important it is to have a reliable internet connection and I am happy to help. Please send us an email with your complete home address, your first/last name, and the name of the primary account holder. We can review the issue and help troubleshoot.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator