Forum Discussion

Robert2
New Contributor
3 years ago

Panoramic Wifi Pods 2.0

I am debating about buying a couple of the Panoramic Wifi Pods 2.0.  I see it has two Ethernet ports on it.  Can one of them be used for a wired Ethernet backhaul?  The rooms I want to put them in do have a wired connection.  I figured I could run the wall cable to it and then the other out to the TVs.  I just want to increase the signal strength and speed in these rooms.

Thanks!

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It may be cheaper...and better...to add a router in these room with LAN ports.

Yes/no?  We can find good ones!

Robert2
      New Contributor

Not really wanting to add additional wireless networks.  Maybe I should look at wireless access points that can be plug into the Ethernet.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Then turn the wireless network off on these access points.  4 ports are more gooderly than 2.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I read a Consumer Reports article on good and cheaps:

Linksys Max-Stream AC1750 (EA7300) at $70
    TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 at $60

What do puds cost?

Robert2
      New Contributor

$129 a piece.  Yep guess I need to check into those two options.  I appreciate that.

Robert2
    New Contributor

I am going to buy a Wifi 6 router that can be used as an access point.  That is probably better in my situation.  I appreciate both widermouthopenand bruce for their suggestions.  

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I take it since you were researching puds, you have the Panoramic?  Meaning...besides Internet service...do you need the Pano for another service, such as a Cox wireless cable-box or home security?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

The previous list only displayed routers at $250 or less.  I updated not only for all price points but Mesh systems as well.  I'll allow the "gear heads" to advise.

St8kout
    New Contributor III

You should know that a new more powerful wifi standard is coming soon, version 6E, which will blow away all other wifi routers making them obsolete overnight.

6E devices offer “14 additional 80 MHz channels and [seven] additional 160 MHz channels. Google it.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

More channels on the 6 GHz frequency.  If you thought 5 GHz was too short, 6 GHz would be more so.  I don't know how 6E would "blow away all other WiFi routers" if it'd be essentially limited to line-of-sight.