Forum Discussion

Dave9
Contributor III
4 years ago

Here we go again, part 4

Like clockwork, 8 weeks after the last repair order for T3 timeouts and packet loss, the problem has returned. I can practically set my watch by it at this point. My connection works well for 2 months after the service appointment then starts having problems again. I predicted this in my last post, and it turns out I was correct. As I've mentioned before, this problem is always in the Cox plant and never in my equipment or premises wiring.

It's not too bad at the moment since I caught it when it was first starting, but problems like this never go away on their own and always get worse by the day:

01/13/2021 10:11 82000500 3 "Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=(redacted);CMTS-MAC=(redacted);CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;"

I'll initiate a service call when it gets bad enough for the tech to be able to easily identify the issue, but it seems like I shouldn't have to keep doing this. What does Cox do every 8 weeks that could be causing this? Wouldn't they save money by correcting that procedure instead of requiring home service calls every 8 weeks to fix their network issues?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Dave9, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this ongoing issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can help. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.

Dave9
      Contributor III

The problem did get worse for a couple of days after this, but I'm happy to report that after a large burst of errors, the issue appears to be resolved. I don't know if someone else called it in or if Cox discovered and fixed the issue on their own. But either way I'm glad that I didn't have to schedule a tech visit this time. Here's hoping that another problem won't come up in 6-8 weeks.