Forum Discussion

bookworm41
New Contributor
4 years ago

Help! My cell phone can't maintain the wifi connection

I've had my Samsung Galaxy 6 for a couple of years and no trouble.  I've been in an apartment for a little over a year with Cox as my wifi provider. Everything was fine until a few months ago when my connection in the bedroom got slower and slower. Now the phone gets kicked off the wifi in the whole apartment within 2-10 minutes all the time. I can't make calls let alone send a text or look up something on the internet. The message I get is Authentication Error.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have been having a similar problem.  I am in a downstairs room with other devices that are functioning properly, but I notice that about every minute or so the WiFi symbol on my phone changes to LTE, indicating that I’m off WiFi and on the mobile network.  It usually kicks back into WiFi a few seconds later, but it is just soooo annoying and it never happened until a couple weeks ago and doesn’t happen to my other devices.  

Allan
      @JP Sports, I recommend restarting the phone to see if that can help. Also, does this happen in any other room with that device? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        JP_Sports
        Contributor

I’ve done that.  Works for a while, then starts doing it again after a couple days.  No other devices in the room (a laptop and a Roku Ultra) have that problem

• Hi Bookworm41. You may want to forget the network in the settings of the phone and then connect to your network again. Please keep in mind that you will need the password for your wifi network. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @bookworm41

What version of Outlook are you using?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator