Forum Discussion

Rated
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Gigablast Upload is Terrible

Download speeds are fine but getting 0.8 upload.

Tech came out and gave me a new line but problem still exists. had issues with both DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 modems with upload. 

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hello Rated,

We understand you continue to experience upload issues. Are you seeing the upload issue on hardwired or wireless devices or both?

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Rated
      New Contributor II

hardwired with no router straight into my desktop PC. noone seems to know what the issue is. Another tech coming out today.

Rated
      New Contributor II

Also when I ping websites the the cmd prompt I get packet loss from 10-13% with 30 test to each website. (tried amazon and google)

Rated
    New Contributor II

I've had 3-4 techs come out, things have gotten better in that my Upload seems to be somewhat normal after 3pm every day but during the morning hours goes back to less then 1 upload.

can someone let me know what is going on if they see any packet loss on there end.

Adler
      New Contributor

Rated - I am having the same issues.  My upload on my desktop plugged straight into the modem with gigablast internet is actually at 0.6mbps. 0.6!?  Even download speeds are **, 50mbps.  With my other plan of 150mbps I was getting 175 down with 10 upload but it was not reliable.  Now I pay more and get 50 down and 0.1 up...can never win.

Allan
        Hell Adler. Are you having this speed issue with all devices in the home or just one? Also, are we dealing with a wired or wireless connection? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      StephanieS
      Rated

You are in an outage area at this time but I was able to see your modem up and running. I went ahead and ran a few packet tests and I'm not seeing any packet loss despite the outage.

StephanieS
      Cox Forums Support Moderator