Forum Discussion

socal_transplan
Contributor III
6 years ago

new post about spam

3rd party notification is not working again and it looks like no moderators have been on here in days, so i can't find any of my old post threads.  happy holiday weekend.

spam did not take the week off, however & wanted to bring everyone up to date with my "ticket" to fix the spam in the inbox/legit stuff in the spam box issue.

my ticket was closed today, message saying everything was working properly. this read to me (since i missed the tier 2 tech call at the crack of dawn) by a tier one tech who a) would not put me through to tier 2 and b) insisted cox has not used a third party for email and "can't do much more.."

well,  a couple of days ago a reply from my sister to an email i sent was in my spam folder.  and "marine toys for tots," "best friends animal society," and several others i've told the filter for months are NOT spam go there too. but they cited 2 i complained about that have now gone...ONCE...to my inbox.  FIXED!

on the other hand, yesterday i pulled 6 obvious spam ads out of my inbox & marked them as spam. i have blocked sites...until i figured out that there obviously is a random generator for email addresses attached to outlook.com & that will be a forever thing.  so i've tried to set up filters for "from", but i have no expectation they will work.

so cox is obviously saying ...sorry people.  we can't make it work.

but i knew that.

yes, wider...., i know...change a 30 year old email address to a hundred different people & go to gmail.  at my age i could die before i got thru that! it's a shame we can't get what we pay for from cox.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    kdaniels1229
    New Contributor II

I feel your frustration! I’m so fed up with the spam going to my inbox. I’m quite confident in saying “Cox has no filter”. I’m getting at least 20 per day. AT LEAST!!! I’m seriously on the verge of switching back to gmail. They have an awesome filtering system in place. The only thing holding me back is having to update my email address on every single website that I log into. That would take days. 

Currently when I try to mark and move something to spam I get an error message that reads “The message you requested is unavailable. It may already have been deleted or moved from this folder.”

What?!?!? Ugh!!!!

EricaW
    Former Moderator
    Hi, Social Transplant and kdaniels1229

Thanks for the update. I regret the difficulty this has meant for you. Until this all improves please continue to follow guidelines below.
    Email is misidentified as spam in an email client: Forward email as an attachment to thisisnotspam@cox.net.
    Email is rejected: Forward email as an attachment to unblock.requests@cox.net.

Erica W.
    Cox Forums Moderator
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

erica, you speak as if improvements will be made?  do you know something we don't?

at least notifications is working again.🙂

kdaniels1229
      New Contributor II

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your attention in this matter. I would consider your suggestion, but I as well as so many others access their email via a smartphone. I have yet to learn how to forward an email as an attachment from a smartphone. 

Any suggestions?

MarkM1
        Former Moderator
        Kdaniels1229,

We would just want you to forward the email to those address. You do not have to send them as an attachment file. Let us know if you have any other issues.

Mark M.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator