Forum Discussion

vlkinva
New Contributor III
7 years ago

COX FIX SPAM SETTINGS!

I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT SEVERAL THINGS IN THE "NEW IMPROVED" COX EMAIL. SOME HAVE BEEN FIXED AT LEAST FOR NOW.  BUT THE SPAM SETTINGS ARE NOT FIXED. COX CONTINUOUSLY SENDS MY PERSONAL EMAILS TO SPAM AND SPAM TO MY INBOX. SOME ARE EVEN LABELED SPAM THAT GOES IN INBOX. NOW TODAY I SEE 2 EMAILS IN MY INBOX CLAIMING TO BE FROM COX WITH SUBJECT-IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ.  I CLICKED ON ONE AND IMMEDIATELY A WARNING POPS UP SAYING DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD- ATTACKERS ON GPF.QUANTUM-CODERS.COM MAY TRICK YOU INTO DOING SOMETHING DANGEROUS.....

I GOT 2 OF THESE EMAILS FROM DIFFERENT ADDRESSES BOTH IN MY INBOX. BOY,  COX IS REALLY ON THE BALL WITH IT'S SECURITY- SENDING THESE EMAILS TO MY INBOX FOR ME TO OPEN.

I AM GETTING FED UP GOING TO MY SPAM FOLDER AND FINDING IMPORTANT "NOT SPAM" EMAILS! I HAVE SPAM SETTINGS AT NO SPAM FILTERING. I WANT ALL EMAILS SENT TO MY INBOX. ON THE LAST EMAIL VERSION I DELETED THE SPAM FOLDER AND ALL EMAILS CAME TO MY INBOX. THAT'S WHAT I WANT NOW BUT CAN'T DO. 

WHY CAN'T COX BE BETTER?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO INSERT PHOTOS ON POSTS HERE IN THE FORUM? THANKS

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • i got...and complained about, as i have an open ticket on this subject....both of those emails yesterday.  the were so obviously phishing emails.  you need to be more careful what you open!  one of them claimed to be from a cox.net address...even AFTER i brought in full headers,  that one also went to abuse@cox.net.

all in all, i had 4 obvious spams in my inbox, 3 of them phishing, and one MORE non-spam (the travel site i've told them a thousand times is NOT spam!)in my spam folder. 

sorry, i don't know how to insert photos or screen shots.

Becky
      There has been an increase in reported phishing emails claiming to be from Cox. The email reportedly states that your credit card has expired and includes a link to update your information. The link seems to point customers to www.cox.net. This email is not from Cox. Please do not click on the link in this email. Cox has taken action to block the malicious websites linked to this e-mail. You can can report phishing emails by sending the email as an attachment to phishingreport@cox.net. Learn more at www.cox.com/.../reporting-spam-phishing-and-virus-abuse.html. - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Hi Vlkinva, I also deal with large amounts of spam in my Cox.net email account, so I can appreciate your frustration. Please continue to mark items as "Spam" and "Not Spam". The Cox Abuse team is constantly working to improve the Cox Spam filters. Cox Abuse can only take action against abuse that originates from its network. You can help us to improve our spam filters by forwarding these emails to abuse@cox.net. Spam complaints that do not originate from a Cox customer can be sent as an attachment to spamreport@cox.net. Learn more at bit.ly/ProtectAgainstSpam and www.cox.com/.../reporting-spam-phishing-and-virus-abuse.html. - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      vlkinva
      New Contributor III

Most of the time I do forward the fake emails claiming to be from  Cox. It's just so frustrating that Cox continues to send regular emails from my actual friends to my spam folder. When my neighbor sees me in my yard he asks did I read his email. Then I know to look in my spam folder and there it is with others.