Forum Discussion

What_URL_do_I_n
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cox web mail not working intermittently.

For over a week now Cox web mail will not open intermittently. Currently it is down yet again.  I get this message on edge 
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://webmail.west.cox.net
Search for "https://webmail.west.cox.net" on Bing
Refresh the page
and I get this message on Chrome This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
This is very annoying. In a few hours it may work again briefly but it keeps going down.  Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?  

6 Replies

• Whatever it is it's been going on longer than a week. It's been at least a month for us. I was so excited yesterday that the site stayed up all day & I didn't see "aw snap" once on chrome.  Today it's blinky. blinky & constantly crashes . we 've spent hours with lovely tech support people who leave us with working email only to go to bed & in the morning...we are not authorized to read our own email.  Calling tomorrow for yet another credit on bill.

welcome to ***.

• I think you just need to update your shortcut. Instead of using the webmail.west.cox...link, use myemail.cox.net.

Myemail.cox.net works in Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Gotham
    New Contributor

Becky, 

The myemail.cox.net url absolutely works, but the weird thing is that when I click on the webmail link on myconnection.cox.com it points to webmail.cox.net - which is the page that can't be reached by Chrome for sure. It's not my shortcut, it's me clicking on Cox's link that's taking me to the wrong place. I hope this can be fixed. 

Thanks

• Hi Gotham,

We have identified an issue affecting customers using webmail.west.cox.net or idm.west.cox.net to access their Cox Webmail. As a workaround, clear your browser cache and browsing history, and then set up a new bookmark for webmail.cox.net. This will prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future.

This issue may also be affecting the shortcuts on myconnection.cox.com. The Cox.com team is working on a permanent solution.

• Finally a solution!  Thank you!!!

Why is Cox not letting us know about this? 

I've wasted 2+ hours today searching online for some sort of resolution since there has not been any communication on my ticket that I submitted a week ago. So frustrating! 

CarolLM
    Former Moderator

Hi, we're glad Becky's suggestion worked for you - let us know should you have any further concerns!  Thanks,