Forum Discussion

Ludie
New Contributor
7 years ago

Email not opening

Hello, for the past several days  while out of town I am unable to get my email to open.  I am able to pull up cox.net, login and then it shows I have 1,641 emails.  However when I click on the envelope picture to open the email I get a page that shows three continues circles rotating and the email messages never appear on my screen.  Please advise what has happened a I need to be able to remotely access my email.  Thank you

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Ludie,

I'd like to help. What browsers have you tried? Also let me know if you have tried accessing your webmail on more than one device.

Please let me know what operating system you are using and what Antivirus software is in use.

Ludie
    New Contributor

Hi Colleen,  I hope you can help me.  I am able to open and see my emails from cox.net on my iphone and on my pc.  But I can not see them on either of my two laptops both of which I could see the emails just a short time ago when away from home.  I am using both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge as the browsers and the operating system is Windows 10 on my laptops and on my pc. The antivirus software I have always used is Kaspersky.  I read on the forum that it was suggested to add the cox url to the kaspersky so I did that but I still could not see my emails.  Please help as I have to travel again and hope to be able to use my laptop and not just my iphone!  thank you.

• my problem was from my ipad mini using safari but you might check to see if you are in "private" browser mode.  i have no trouble with this on my windows computer, but it could be a similar incompatibility.

just got back from the genius bar & it was his easiest fix of the day! lol i didn't even know i could do that on safari.

• Hi Ludie,

If adding http://myemail.cox.net to the list of Kaspersky Trusted Web Pages doesn't allow you to view your email, your options are to access your email through an email client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, or Mac Mail, or to temporarily disable Kaspersky Antivirus while you view your email.

Since you first added http://myemail.cox.net to the list of Kaspersky Trusted Web Pages, what happens when you try to access your email?

Ludie
    New Contributor

I get 3 circles that keep appearing as though it is loading or thinking.  But the email never loads for me to see.  I do see the email total after I log in to cox.net but after i click on the email icon on the upper right hand side, I only get the 3 circles that continue to appear, then disappear then reappear.  I read this happened to someone one else so I am not the only one this has happened to.  I was able to pull up the email on my laptop just a couple of weeks ago with no problem so something changed in just the last week.

Ludie
    New Contributor

I was on private browser mode and when I removed that I was able to pull my email up.  I will check again tomorrow to be sure it is still working.  THanks.  I also think the addition of the url for myemail.cox also helped.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    We're glad to hear that it's working Ludie! Please keep us posted as we want to ensure that this issue is resolved for you.