Forum Discussion

unplugged
New Contributor
7 years ago

USB plugin for Arris DG2460

I upgraded to the ARRIS DG2460, Told it had a USB port,  which it does,  it just doesn't seem to work

anyone have success attaching an external drive to the USB ?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hi,

You would not be able to connect any USB devices using those ports, we apologize for any inconvenience.
    myas
    New Contributor
    I have the same question as unplugged. If you are selling a piece of hardware and advertising it has a USB .. then why does it not work? https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/residential/support/internet/print_media/ArrisDG2460_ProductOverview.pdf How can I get the port activated? If I had know this I would have not bought this from cox but would have purchased elsewhere.
    myas
    New Contributor
    I have the same question as unplugged. If you are selling a piece of hardware and advertising it has a USB .. then why does it not work? https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/residential/support/internet/print_media/ArrisDG2460_ProductOverview.pdf How can I get the port activated? If I had know this I would have not bought this from cox but would have purchased elsewhere.
  • Hi, the port is part of the device, however we do not support it. We only enable the functions necessary for internet connections.
    jthiker
    New Contributor

So, I when I purchased this from one of your local solutions store I specifically asked for a router that would enable me to utilize the USB port to attach a hard drive.  No problem I was told this router will do that.  And now that I am ready to buy the external HDD I am finding that once again COX has 'misled' me.  I say misled to use a kind word.  Charged a bunch of money for an otherwise plan old vanilla item.  

Shame on you Cox - again. 

• jthiker,

I'll share your feedback so we can avoid this from happening going forward.

I suggest you return the modem and use stand alone equipment to achieve your goals as any gateway we offer for rental or purchase would automatically have the USB port disabled.

Whether or not this may change in the future I can't say.