Forum Discussion

yak
Contributor III
8 years ago

Webmail login page. if i enter my password

too quickly, i get the message "invalid password or user ID".  I have to wait until the advertisement finishes loading on the login page.  Then i can successfully log in.  Today's ad was "Free Online Courses. Start Learning Now".  It took about 60 seconds for it to load.  I know that i can download an AdBlock program to block the ads.  I could buy a newer computer so the ads appear faster.  But i don't know if Cox is aware that the advertisement interferes with my access to my webmail.  

I have read lots of articles about ads causing websites to load slowly.   Especially ads with auto-play or videos embedded.  Maybe a Cox Moderator could pass my suggestion along.  By the way, those "free online classes" are not really free; they ask for your credit card to fully enjoy the benefits of those classes.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Karen_R
    Former Moderator

Hello Yak,

Do you get that error on any web browser that you use to login? Like IE, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, ect? Thanks

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    @yak

Are you accessing Webmail from a favorite or are you typing in www.cox.com into the web browser? I'd like to have you try a direct link to the Webmail login to see if you have the same issue, open a new window and go to http://webmail.cox.net. Let us know the outcome.
    yak
    Contributor III

@Derrick, from a "favorite".   Today's advertisement was an auto-play (gif?) of Oprah crying.  It said "Leaked secret may bring down her empire".  It took more than 60 seconds to display.  I pay for Premier internet and it is usually very fast.  I seldom have to wait for anything to download when i visit a website.  Even websites that have lots of ads.  I access all of those sites from "favorites" too and never have a problem.

Derrick, i hope you can pass this up the command chain.  I shouldn't have to wait for an ad to load to visit my webmail.  I shouldn't have to manually type in the Cox URL just to avoid an advertisement.   I didn't want to see that ad in the first place.  Derrick, as you may already know, the advertisement is not telling the truth. If you click on it, it does not reveal the "secret that may bring down her empire"; it tries to get your credit card information.

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    I would recommend deleting the favorite that you've been using, and create a new one after you enter the URL to login to Webmail (http://webmail.cox.net). I've seen issues in the past with our site loading after being updated and older links being saved under the Favorites. Let us know if that does not remedy the issue.