MetricLugNut
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Can't get connected to the router via wifi

Hi all,

Services: Cox High-Speed Internet Ultimate Package

Router/Modem UBEE DDW366 Dual Band 2.4/5.0
We have a very good connection with the internet when directly connected via Ethernet cable.

The below are all WiFi capable and had been connected previously, now currently unable to connect via the WiFi:
Laptop 2 year old Toshiba Satellite - Connects to router, "no internet connection"
Ipad - will now not connect
TV - will now not connect
Satellite - Says it is connected, but suspect the "no internet connection"
Samsung Blue Ray player - will not connect
Apple (new version) TV Box - Continues to work
HP Pro Book laptop - plays hard to get and will some times connect
Lenovo all in one PC - Continues to work

None of the above are typically connected by ethernet cable
They will attempt to connect but never do (I will try both bandwidths)If and when they do I get a message "No Internet Connection"
We are fairly close to the router, and have tried even in the same room, no bueno!

All of the above have been connected and working at various times during the time I have used the UBEE DDW366 with COX as the internet provider, which makes this a very frustrating and confusing situation.
Prior to moving here and switching to COX all of the above were able to be connected via a Motorola SB6580 with TWC as the provider. I could count on one hand minus a couple of fingers for the amount of connection issues, it just worked every single time so am I missing something, is there some kind of magic to get these items online again?

I have done the following:
Reset the router/modem, both quick reset and a hard reset
Turned off the router/modem for a brief period
Rest adapters on the hardware of my laptops, turned off the other items and switched them back on to reset
Stared at it, pleading with this piece of plastic - no really!
Gone to church
Reset the router/modem, both quick reset and a hard reset
Turned off the router/modem for a brief period
Repeat and Rinse
Repeat and Rinse

So ultimately my questions are,
1. Is this the way it's supposed to be?
2. Can I expect an easier plug and play experiance
3. Should I cancel and go with an inferior service just to get the connectivity I need
4. can you help!

I am not a whiner despite the above and do try to solve prior to posting for assistance.

Thanks in advance, John Clark 

• @MetricLugNut

Nothing like that will be necessary.  You can simply tell the representative you're having problems and would like to swap the equipment.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion