Forum Discussion

Chelzie
New Contributor
9 years ago

Connection Dropping Randomly

I don't know what is going on with Cox internet, but my connection is dropping randomly for the last several days and it's not my equipment. There are no splitters in the room where the modem is located.  I've tried getting help from @CoxHelp account on Twitter and those people kept insisting it's my equipment when I know it isn't.

Here are the most recent logs/info from my Surfboard 6121 modem:

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Chelzie
    New Contributor

And before you ask, I just ran a speed test:

Start
     Cox
    Net
    Download
    Speed
    Upload
    Speed

Latency
    Your IP
    Address

Cox Market
    Wed Jul 29 11:48 AM Yes 42 Mbps 4 Mbps 10 millisec 68.107.239.195 Omaha

These T3 errors are still happening regardless of whether the connection is wired or wireless.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Chelzie

I looked from this end and I'm seeing where the signal levels being reported are a bit out of specification.  You could try using a different cable outlet to see if that makes a difference.  If not it might be time to arrange for a technician to come and troubleshoot further.

Chelzie
    New Contributor

I don't have a different cable outlet that I can use. We canceled our cable service through Cox years ago - those outlets are now being utilized by our DirecTV boxes. The cable outlet I'm using for this modem is the only one I have. What would you suggest be done next?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Chelzie

I would say we need to have a technician come out and troubleshoot further then.  From what you're describing it sounds like there's a signal or possible modem problem.

Chelzie
    New Contributor

To me, it's looking like there may be some upstream problems on Cox's end. Here's the most recent screenshot from the signal page of my modem.

Chelzie
    New Contributor

And here's the latest one. As you can see, it's getting worse, and i haven't done anything different on my end.

Tell me what I need to do to get a tech out here to fix this, because having to reset my modem every hour is ridiculous.

Chelzie
    New Contributor

I'm on the phone with Cox Technical Support now because replies here aren't very timely. MichaelJ can you please logout of my account so that Courtney can schedule me with a service tech?

Chelzie
    New Contributor

To the support moderators - I am on the phone with Cox Technical Support right now. The person I'm talking to on the phone is named Courtney. She is trying to schedule me a service tech appointment but can't because you have my account locked. Can you please close it so that I can make this appointment? Thank you.

• Chelzie, 

Sorry about that. Your account should be free for scheduling now.