Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
3 years ago

This Reply Was Deleted.

Perhaps the Apps Forum would be appropriate for this post.

I'm getting lots of notifications on the Forum page (enumerated red circles) about contributor updates to posts from 1-2 years ago.  I'll curiously click and read but there will be no recent replies because a moderator had previously locked the post.

The only consistency in these notifications is a moderator...I'm assuming...had recently deleted a contributor's reply because each contains the following statement after a reply:  This reply was deleted.  Even a moderator (JonathanJ) had a reply deleted.  Naughty?

I'm assuming moderators are catching up on a backlog of replies having been previously flagged as either abusive or spam by other contributors.  This is fine but I have 2 suggestions:

1. Turn off these notifications because if moderators are only performing maintenance within the Forum, we don't need to know you're deleting contributor replies.
2. Expound on your default message because it begs the question of who deleted the post and why.  Instead of "This reply was deleted," use "This reply was deleted because it violates the Usage Guidelines of the Cox Support Forum."

Here's a couple examples.

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/28200/lan-connectivity-between-cox-modem-my-router-failure/111491#111491

forums.cox.com/.../tv-sound-cuts-in-and-out

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Bruce,

I understand your concern and I will gladly provide your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator