Forum Discussion

kylejjf
New Contributor
3 years ago

TV Sound Cuts in and out

I notice many weekend nights my cable tv sound cuts in and out. I've reset the box mutlipe times and does not fix this. All cables to the tv an box are new and tight.

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
        JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Kylejjf

Have you tried a different input of the TV and are you using a soundbar or surround system?
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Anyone notice lots of cable-TV problems lately?  This is just in the Forum and not counting chats, email, calls and the occasional well-righted letter.

What's going on, Cox?  Secrets?

birdlegs
    New Contributor

Yes I have the same problem but it's all day! Just yesterday picture freeze also began. Large color vertical bars also happens sometimes after picture freeze. Same all channels and both TVs. I too did everything they suggest to correct it. Last time this happened, sound drops and picture problems I had 4 service calls. Could not fix. Was told by last service tech that it wasn't Cox but since I live in an Apartment it was their problem with wiring in the wall. Oddly enough 4 days later there was a massive 8 hr outage!!!! Ya think? Sure enough everything cleared up. That was 2-3 month ago, Now this problem started after the last outage that happened a few days ago! Connect the dots Cox! This is frustrating ever 2-3 months we should all send an complaint to the FCC.

DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Birdlegs, I am sorry to hear that this has been an ongoing issue for you. I can assure you that we want your service to work as intended. Since this is happening on multiple TVs, it sounds like it could be an issue with an amplifier/booster. Do you possibly have one of those in the home? If you do, I suggest unplugging it from power for 30 seconds to see if that helps. If you don't, please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com with a link to this forum post and your service address. We would be happy to look into that for you.

David
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
      MichaelJ
      Hi Birdlegs, I apologize for the inconvenience, however, we need your address information in order to troubleshoot the issue and if needed schedule a tech to come out and investigate further. Feel free to contact Tech Support at 1-800-234-3993, via chat: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html or Twitter, Acoxhelp, or Facebook. Please include a link to your message.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      birdlegs
      New Contributor

JVDbogart

You would think that the moderators would notice that all these complaints are about the exact same problems and notify Cox about the issue. Instead they seem to just send out the same suggestions to check the equipment, reboot and call a service tech.

MichaelJ
        Hi Birdlegs, I apologize for the inconvenience, however, we need your address information in order to troubleshoot the issue and if needed schedule a tech to come out and investigate further. Feel free to contact Tech Support at 1-800-234-3993, via chat: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html or Twitter, Acoxhelp, or Facebook. Please include a link to your message.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @contactik

We truly appreciate your loyalty as a long-term customer and I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services. . If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account to cox.help@cox.com. I’ll be happy to investigate and I'd love the opportunity to change your mind about us!

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator