Forum Discussion

vanbodegon
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Homelife App (Apple)

I have not been able to connect to the cameras on my Apple phone for the past couple months I will randomly get a camera to show up but most  of the time it just says connecting but never does.  I have tried everything even switching out equipment but I was told yesterday that it is probably the App since its not supported with the current IOS version from Apple and they said there is a new version of the Homelife App that will be released that should fix that issue.  Is this True and is there a time frame on when the App might be released?  If this is a true statement there must be a lot of people having the same problem that I am. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    vanbodegon
    New Contributor II

Update:  I unplugged each camera and let them reboot and it looks like that fixed my issue all cameras work now.  I had tried everything and it seems like it was just a quick unplugging of the cameras to correct the issue. 

EBF
    New Contributor

Yep!  I’m having the same problem!  Frustrating!

• Hi Vanbodegon and EBF, we don't have any information about the next Cox Homelife mobile app update. What iOS version are you using? If I understand your issue correctly, you are unable to access your camera's live video feed. Do you have any camera-related rules set up to save video or images when certain events happen? If so, are you able to view those files? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      vanbodegon
      New Contributor II

I am on the current IOS 13.1.2 and the cameras do work on occasion but the majority of the time they just say connecting to camera and just time out.  This App has always given me problems but a lot more in the last few months that's why they are saying it could be the newest updates that I have done on my phone which I am being told from cox support the App does not support. 

lynnrob315
    New Contributor

I am also having problems playing video after updating to IOS 13.1.2.  Is anyone else having this problem or is there a solution? Thanks

Becky
      Hi Everyone, I found out that iPhones with iOS 13.1.2 using Cox Homelife Mobile App version 10.6 may experience issues accessing and playing videos. There are a couple of workarounds for this issue. 1. Create a rule that emails camera video clips and pictures to your email address. (Refer to www.cox.com/.../managing-rules-in-the-mobile-app.html.) 2. If you already have a rule set up to send video clips and pictures to your email address, you may need to delete and recreate this rule. 3. You can also view missing videos or pictures from the Activity tab in the Homelife app. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator