Forum Discussion

TiredofCox
New Contributor
12 years ago

Loyal customer - feel like Cox doesn't care

I started with Cox in 2008.  In December of 2008 I was paying 117.28 a month for Phone, Internet, and TV.  By December of the following year I was paying 148 dollars a month.   My bill is now 176.44.  What has changed you might ask? Nothing.  I've been consistently paying for the Premium internet package, and while they've increased the speed to remain competitive, they've never deceased the price.  My phone is unlimited long distance, so that's not changed.  My HDTV package is the same and I don't rent DVRs as I use TiVo.  In the span of time I've been with Cox I've seen my bill rise 66%!!

I called the Retention folks and had a chat about this.  I was going to remove my phone's long distance and just use my cell phone.  Turns out that would increase my bill by four dollars.   Rather than trying to figure out how to keep me as a customer, the representative spent her time telling me how awful their competitors are.   When I told her I was in the cable industry myself, she just continued to condescend to me. The only option?  Sign a new contract that started last month so I can lock in my rates for 2 years. 

I'm tired.  I'm fed up.  I'm sick of calling.  I don't think I want to deal with this company any more.  Unless there is a compelling response from support, I think I'm done.  Somebody out there would be happy to have a customer who hasn't missed a payment in more than 4 years and doesn't need technical support.

35 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion