Forum Discussion

Mac_Man
New Contributor
2 years ago

Yule Log

After searching for 20 minutes, I finally found the Yule Log only to discover you must pay for it now. Doesn’t Cox make enough money from their monthly fee ($285/month for me). Very disappointed in Cox!

24 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You have to pay for cable TV, so it's not free.  But Yule Log doesn't cost extra.

On Demand > Holiday > Yule Log > 2022 Yule Log HD, No Music Yule Log HD, etc.

Mac_Man
      New Contributor

Yes…it does cost extra. When you choose any of the Yule Logs, it brings up a subscription confirmation.

James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Mac Man, I see there are choices for a fireplace and a yule log, but your are right, you have to be subscribed to Netflix or MusicChoice to get the yule log.  There are some free things, but no yule log.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Is free On Demand: Holdiday > Yule Log only available with Cox TV? 

Does Contour On Demand not have it?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

With smart devices, you should be able to find a Yule log.  Smart TV, Roku, Fire stick, YouTube, etc?

• I recorded it 5 years ago.  It was on the local Fox station on Christmas Day from 11:00 am to noon.  I got the last 45 minutes of it.  Has a nice soundtrack too. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Cox TV has several free Yule Logs availabe On Demand.  Apparently that's just another thing available with Cox TV that Contour doesn't have.  If all you want to do is record, playback and watch live TV, Cox TV is far superior.  I guess I should add watch On Demand.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Check online TV listings for "Yule Log" scheduled in the next few days.  If you find one and have a DVR, record and save it for future viewing like what MasterMyDomain did.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

You know...I've never had it.  The word "nog"...I don't know...never had grog either...so maybe it's my word association to puke.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

I should have said "eggnog" or poison of choice. I like a nice spiced rum myself. 👹