Forum Discussion

pm74073
New Contributor
3 days ago

XRE 03059

Forth day in a row that part of the channels don't come in at all and part are not watchable with squiggly lines. I have unplugged several times and rebooted several times. Box problem??? Cox problem???  Unless you have time to chat and do the some things over and over again that I have done and then an attempt to sell me something extra impossible to report. Any better ideas??

• Hello pm74073,

I am sorry to learn of your reception troubles.  It sounds like it may very well be a signal related issue and I'd like to get you scheduled to have a technician come out to investigate.  Please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com, dm us on Twitter or private message via Facebook so that we may proceed.  I have removed your personal information, as this is a public forum.  We look forward to working with you.

Cox Support Forum Moderator 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

XRE 03059 indicates a signal issue, or interference issue. reseat all cable connections on cable boxes, wall connections and internal splitters. ALSO, if you happen to have a BENT cable wire, replace it. Cable wires do not carry electrical signals, but RF signals, which can rebound or bounce backwards if there is a bent cable causing issues as well. If a cable is bent, replace it. 

These measures can help alleviate cable box/tv issues, if not, then you MAY need a technician to come out. If the issue is Cox Equipment, or the cable up to the home, it will be fixed or replaced at no cost to you. IF the issue is the wiring from the external audit box inwards to the home, then unless you have Cox Complete Care, (An additional charge for that service), there may be a trouble call charge to diagnose the issue and repair it.

MOST of the time, reseating cables, replacing old or bad cables, and splitters can fix these issues. 

• Hello pm74073,

I am sorry to learn of your reception troubles.  It sounds like it may very well be a signal related issue and I'd like to get you scheduled to have a technician come out to investigate.  Please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com, dm us on Twitter or private message via Facebook so that we may proceed.  I have removed your personal information, as this is a public forum.  We look forward to working with you.

Cox Support Forum Moderator