Forum Discussion

Raymangene
New Contributor
5 years ago

Where is the free Starz?

I did the self install to the upgraded box and returned my old box to the Cox store. I was told I would receive a free one year Starz subscription. How do I get that free year? None of the Starz channels are on and the Starz OnDemand says a subscription is required. How do I get the free year of Starz?

• I got an email from COX with a link to the free STARz.  Signed up and when I now look at the bill, it's free for 1 yr.  Mine will expire in June with an automatic charge of about $10.  I don't watch too many since I have Amazon Prime.  Both appear under the Apps icon under Contour button.  The store replace my 2 old DVR's with 2 Contour2 boxes....but I've had issues recording to each box independently.  Cannot dictate which gets what show.  You could also call COX for the Starz.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Cox has an incentive to subscribe to Starz?  If you sign-up for Starz, you get the first year free?  Did the OP sign-up for Starz at the Solution Store?

bearone2
      Contributor III

no email, i was offered the same by a chat rep & had to sign up for a new package & the difference for all the upgrades was more than $10..

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Cox has a campaign to push Starz, eh?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't understand the incentive for a 1-year freebie.  Did you sign-up for a new service?  You may need to call Cox to enable the channel.

• Email us at cox.help@cox.com with your service address and your request so that we can look into this for you.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator