Forum Discussion

tcous
New Contributor
5 years ago

unwanted new contour box

got post notification that new box was going to grandfather out my current one so i said to send me one and i would install it.   i thought i would do it in a few days when i had time.    unfortunately my current box stopped working !!!!!!  they grandfathered it out without contacting me or waiting for contact from me.   I should have know this company would do something stupid. They have a tendency to treat their customers like **. I installed new box and surprise surprise it didnt work///// i have now been waiting 3 days to have a tech look at it and he is already over one hour late surprise surprise again. 

cox should be ashamed of their update performance and their support strategy it must be one of the worst in the country,,,,,especially here in rhode island       

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Tcous, are you referring to the ROVI receiver? To provide the best experience for our customers, Cox is in the process of retiring the Rovi system and updating the network with better, more efficient technology. This also Maximizes the TV features our customers pay for, increases the On Demand content available, and allows our customers to take advantage of future enhancements. We value your feedback, and please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook or Twitter. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator