Forum Discussion

Bnatural
New Contributor
4 years ago

TV issues after neighborhood upgrades

Hello,

Yesterday we experienced a planned outage so Cox could upgrade for increased traffic for work and school from home (what they said).  After several short outages and one or two longer ones internet and most TV came back online. We have 1 Contour receiver and 1 Contour box and 3 cheapie regular mini boxes. Our one Contour remote box would not boot up after the upgrades. I did all the usual stuff, full resets on the receiver, multiple resets on the remote box, unplugged the remote box overnight.. nothing. 

Cox replaced the remote box and I replaced one of the mini boxes with another contour mini box.  So far I've spent over 3 hours trying to get the contour mini's to initialize.  After a very long time the first box would come up to "sorry, there seems to be some trouble" screen.  After some time and many resets, just for grins, I plugged in the 2nd contour remote box and both started initializing.  Both went through the full routine and let me start watching TV.  Then both froze hard.  A reboot got me back to the "sorry there seems to be some trouble" screens.  Just to confirm, prior to this event, the neighborhood upgrade, I had no issues at all with my contour remote box.  The contour receiver is working fine. 

I can handle the tech speak so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

BN

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Bnatural

I apologize that you are having these issues after our planned outage in your area. Because work was being done in your area and you never had problems before I would suggest reaching out to us and getting a technician scheduled. You can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bnatural
      New Contributor

Done.  Worked with support for a while this morning.  Tech scheduled for tomorrow.  Thanks

Allan
        @Bnatural, Please let us know if you experience any issues with the service after the tech visit. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.