Forum Discussion

caube23188
New Contributor
2 months ago

Still having delays and picture quality issues

I read an email string in this forum (it’s listed as being 12 months ago ) about Cox customers having problems with delays when trying to push for channel changes, pause and restart commands, and calling up and scrolling through the guide screen. 
I have been having this issue for a while myself now, and it seems to spread from more obscure channels (in the 100s region - which I obviously still pay for) to mainstream channels now. 
I also noticed that the picture quality for ‘on demand’ programs as well as the sound is often totally subpar and fraught with so many stops, and hiccups, that they are unviewable. What’s up? 

2 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

The issues you described are symptoms of a signal issue.  Contact Cox and schedule a tech.  If your drop line comes in from a pole, request a tech with a long ladder so your signal can be tested at the tap (Cox equipment that connects the main line to your drop line).  If a signal issue is detected on Cox's side of the demarc (Cox equipment box on the side of your house), you won't be charged for the tech visit or any repairs.  If no issue with Cox equipment is found, you'll be charged a fee unless you have Cox Complete Care ($10/month).  You can cancel later, but if you do so before 90 days, you'll be charged for any fees waived while you had CCC.