Forum Discussion

Krc
New Contributor II
6 months ago

Sound blurrrr

The sound on my tv randomly gets distorted resulting in blurred sound. I am using new cable, contour box with hdmi cable to the tv.
 If I wait a long while it stops. If I turn the power off and then back on or unplug the hdmi cable and put it right back in it fixes the problem.
 This does not happen on another tv using a mini box. I do not want to switch around boxes to the TV’s.
 The box I just turned in had color stream jacks on the back which I had to use to prevent the sound blurrr. The new box has only hdmi. Any ideas how to fix or what causes the random sound blur? 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You might need to adjust an audio setting on your TV.

Krc
    New Contributor II

Thanks i’ll try that. Will have to find OG remote. 😬

Krc
    New Contributor II

I changed every tv sound function and nothing worked. I thought maybe hdmi cable I had was old so I used new one and still nothing. So I Traded in my contour box for my old box and went back to cable stream instead of hdmi. Working perfect again. I was informed I have a year or year and a half and my box will not work any longer. New tv may be on the horizon. 

ColleenD

HI, Krc. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to get audio working on this TV with the other box. Were you able to try a different HDMI port on the TV? As of now your current box is still supported, though I'm sorry to hear the Contour box didn't work out for you. 

Krc
        New Contributor II

Hi and Thank you. Yes, I used all the HDMI ports available on the TV. Great idea. I hope cox keeps these OG boxes available for folks like me but I was told they will not.