Forum Discussion

DKT48
New Contributor
4 years ago

Schedule Conflict

As of this morning all the shows I have to be recorded will not record do to a schedule conflict. This doesn't make any sense as none of the shows are airing at the same time, I have the up to 6 service, and I can't even start a new recording. I have tried rebooting/ resetting etc already. The part that showed future recordings did not show the entire list of all shows to be recorded and to make matters worse it decided to delete some of the future recordings on its own.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    yak
    Contributor III

My guess is that you will have to go to a Cox store and replace the Record 6 DVR.  Your problem is more severe than mine. In my Missed Recordings , I got the message "this show could not be recorded because it conflicted with a High Priority recording".   That message is wrong for 2 reasons:  I only had one show set to record at that time;  and there is no setting on my DVR which allows me to choose "High Priority".

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III
      In my Missed Recordings , I got the message "this show could not be recorded because it conflicted with a High Priority recording".   That message is wrong for 2 reasons:  I only had one show set to record at that time;  and there is no setting on my DVR which allows me to choose "High Priority".

If the program that failed to record was the only scheduled program, a failure to record due to a schedule conflict would have been an anomalous glitch.  Something went wrong for an undetermined reason that caused the scheduler to process a schedule conflict.  If it occurs frequently, you might have a defective cable box.

The "High Priority recording" was another program scheduled for the same time period (or in your case, the scheduler performed as though there was another program scheduled) that had a higher priority than the program that failed to record.  Ten programs scheduled to be recorded on various dates and times would be prioritized from 1 to 10.  If you have a Record 2 DVR and the #8, #9 and #10 priority programs have a scheduling conflict, #8 and #9 would record and #10 would fail.  You would see the "High Priority recording" message in Missed Recordings for #10 even though neither #8 nor #9 would be considered "High Priority" when compared to the priority of all scheduled recordings.

Here is a Forum post with instructions for changing Contour 2 recording priority.

How to change Contour 1 recording priority

Press the DVR List button.

Press the down arrow to Series Manager.

Select the program from the displayed list for the series priority to be changed.

Press the B button to Modify Series Priority.

Follow on screen instructions.

LokiMa
    New Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. Two days ago, I noticed my Contour DVR wouldn't allow me to set anything to record. I tried to reboot and restart with no luck. I contacted a Cox representative that told me they had no idea what the issue was. He sent a signal to the box which seemed to correct the issue. I turned it on today to discover that all of my set recordings were now set to cancelled and it would not allow me to set anything to record. I again called Cox and a different representative had no idea what the issue was or how to fix it. He first told me it could be a transmitter issue and then told me it could be an issue with the update. I now have a ticket in to wait for a 48 hour service reply. I have my doubts this is has anything to do with the DVR itself but with something on their end. It would be nice to have access to someone that has an idea on what the actual issue is and how to resolve it.