Forum Discussion

RHinCT
New Contributor
7 months ago

Replacing Remote? Nope.

I've received a couple of cards in the mail from COX suggesting I bring the card and the remote control for my cable to a COX store for a free replacement. Three simple steps, it said.  Bring the remote to the store, present the card, take the new remote with me.

Silly me, I decided Why not?  This morning I went to the Cox store in Meriden, CT.  All three customer service folks were helping others, so I went to the end of the line.  Those ahead of me had more comlex transactions - one lady was talking to the same rep the whole while I was there - so it was a while before I was served.

Only to be told that they didn't have any replacement remotes, they were back ordered. 

Maybe if they had a BIG SIGN about that I could have saved the time waiting (but not the travel time, over half an hour round trip).  Or maybe if they PLANNED PROPERLY they wouldn't send out these notices WITHOUT HAVING THE REPLACEMENT REMOTES AT THE STORES.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello there. I certainly apologize for the experience you had with the Solution Store. I can understand how frustrating that can be when you are just trying to replace a remote. Can you send us an email. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? I can take a look and see about getting one sent out to you.