Forum Discussion

Solomansousana
New Contributor
4 hours ago

Reception issues

Why the heck is CBS ch3 having so much reception issues?  It's ONLY on CBS not any other channel.  The screen fritzes out like the old tvs did during electrical storms.  At times the volume drops out altogether.   For 243 bucks a month I expect far better service than this.

• Hi, there. I am so sorry for the reception issues on CBS. I want to help. This may be us or the broadcaster. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to help you get this fixed. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If a major network was having that type of technical issue, it would make widespread news.  Your issue is rather common.  Each channel you receive is on a different frequency.   A local Cox signal issue can cause interference for one or more frequencies, causing pixelation and/or loss of audio for the corresponding channels.  Contact Cox to have your signal tested.  If the tech says there's an issue with the Cox mainline signal, the Cox tech should escalate the issue to have a Cox line tech investigate and make the necessary repairs.  Contact Cox at cox.help@cox.com and report what the tech found so they can follow-up to ensure the issue was escalated.  Getting a tech visit is easy but getting a line tech to actually make repairs is more difficult.  If you know your neighbors, ask them if they're having the same issue.  If they are, ask them to contact Cox and report it too.  That could speed up the process.