Forum Discussion

socratesfive
New Contributor
2 years ago

Please add OANN

Any reason why not?  We pay a pretty penny for Cox and, given that there are customer requests for the last few years - what is Cox’s position?  Is there an issue with cost or something?

25 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Can't you pay for the Roku app? Something like 5$ a month just to give you a idea of what OANN is charging for content.

Geri_Ann
      New Contributor III

My cellphone doesn't receive apps, so I can't use an app to watch OANN, and my TV is very old and I can't connect stuff to it.  So I, too, would appreciate Cox giving us OANN.  If you don't like that channel, don't watch it, but please don't tell those of us who want it that we shouldn't be able to have it offered to us just because YOU don't like it.  None of us gets to make the viewing decisions for others, only for ourselves.  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Do you have a cable-box?  Does Cox allow an app for OANN?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

And you will pay more if they add OANN. They have to pay OANN to have a rebroadcast agreement with them, so, when they pay, YOU pay. 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

What difference would an increase make?  Cox cable-TV has increased an average of $7.50 per year since 2019.

If Cox wants to save money, get rid of some of these least-watched networks.

www.indiewire.com/.../

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I agree.  The First Amendment should be immediately stricken from the Constitution.  Only oligarchs, special interests and political parties should dictate and control our information.  We cannot have the unwashed masses forming their own opinions...there's too many of 'em...it's dangerous.

Geri_Ann
        New Contributor III

Well stated!  I don't go into somebody's home and tell them what books they can buy off Amazon or check out from the library - I don't go into somebody's home and tell them what magazines they can read or newspapers they can subscribe to (if anybody subscribes to a paper these days, LOL).  And I don't tell them what TV channel they should be able to watch.  If they don't want to watch it because it's "extremist," just don't watch.  But don't tell Cox not to offer it so people who DO want to watch it can do so.  Why should THEY stop ME from watching a channel I want to see just because THEY don't like its message?  

rlgrot
      New Contributor III

I agree…let’s get rid of CNN, MSNBC and CBS/NBC/ABC news…all extreme opinion shows.

• The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.