Forum Discussion

toobrave
New Contributor
5 years ago

No sound when internet goes out

For weeks now, Cox has had terrible issues with the internet. It is up and down here in middle GA. If that is not enough, when the internet goes out (sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few hours...each day), the cable TV sound goes out. I have it hooked to a soundbar, so I unhooked it thinking it was that. Nope. I am so fed up with Cox and whatever they are going through in middle GA. I pay over $350/mo for TERRIBLE service. Any advice?

A

p.s. I have had a technician come out and 'fix' things but we were told there are issues with Cox right now (but that was 2 weeks ago). Issues are still happening!

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, thank you for reaching out for assistance. When the internet goes out, do you experience the connection dropping out or does the modem actually reboot? Are all devices in the home impacted or only one device? Are you on WiFi or are you hard-wired to the modem when this occurs?

In regard to the TV, do you also experience pixelation or digital tiling as well? Are all receivers affected? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator