Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

No sound via HDMI.

Not a Cox issue but having a problem and wondering if anyone has any ideas. I am trying to play DVD and Blu-ray on my Samsung TV(UN43NU6900) and while I can get picture, I can't get any sound. I tried both a Sony Blu-ray player and a PS3 hooked up to HDMI. I tried both HDMI ports on the TV. I tried a different HDMI cord. I tried factory resetting the PS3 and making sure the audio output setting is set to PCM. I also checked the TV's HDMI input sound settings and tried both PCM and Bitstream. The weird part is I get sound for a second while changing from PCM to Bitstream or Bitstream to PCM. I get sound if use a TV app and I hear menu clicks so the TV's speakers are working. I also tried a reset of the audio settings. Any ideas?

• I had to factory reset the TV and afterwards it worked. Not sure what was causing the problem. This TV has weird sound issues. Randomly all sound will stop working if the TV is left on too long. I think it's a firmware glitch.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I had to factory reset the TV and afterwards it worked. Not sure what was causing the problem. This TV has weird sound issues. Randomly all sound will stop working if the TV is left on too long. I think it's a firmware glitch.