Forum Discussion

kjenjen
New Contributor
3 months ago

NO AUDIO ONLY ON FOX NEW CHANNEL

I keep having issues with my audio that keeps going out on ONLY Fox News channel.  The only way to get it back on is by rebooting the box which is a pain.  It happens on all my 3 boxes in house.  This time I rebooted and it came back on for about an hour, then went off again. What is going on? Please don't say it is my boxes because it is all 3 boxes.  I can't believe that all three boxes would be bad. 

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    thefsufan
    New Contributor

Why is this problem ONLY effecting Fox News Resetting the main box fixs the problem but it Seems Fishy to me.  Thank goodness  Fiber is on the way. 

ChrisJ2

I do understand your concern; however, the audio issue is also impacting CNN, MSNBC and CNBC in addition to Fox News. We are working towards a resolution for you and are aware of the issue. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and appreciate your patience with us. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

No audio can sometimes be caused by SAP being On.  Fox News probably doesn't have an SAP option, but you could try turning it On and Off to see if recycling will reset audio.   

toni_999
      New Contributor

I can confirm it has occurred in Separate Houses only on FNC with the Cox 6 DVR.

Sometimes, changing the channels restores the audio. Other times, we have to re-boot.

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name and “complete” address at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you have no audio on a channel, check both SAP and audio description.  If either of those settings is On, turn it Off.  If the option is already Off, toggle it On and Off again.  Verify English is the primary language.  If the available options are Primary or Alternate, select Primary.

prittdawn
    New Contributor

Same problem except nothing fixes it, it eventually comes back on usually the next day. Seems like a Liberal media controlled conspiracy 🤔 all the other news channels are fine and have sound, what's next Newsmax?

• Same issue - told by Cox that this is a Fox News issue. Unplugging and plugging back in restores volume but it’s happening more frequently. Only Fox News